WHAT DOES AN ARTS-BASED PRESCHOOL PROGRAM DO FOR YOUR CHILD?
LEARNING THROUGH MUSIC, ART, DANCE, AND DRAMA.
CURRICULUM WILL INCLUDE:
- The calendar: days of the week & months of the year
- Seasons: science & weather units
- Colors & shapes
- Numbers, patterns, & sequence
- The alphabet: letter of the week, pre-writing, & capital letters
- Counting & 1-to-1 correspondence
- Social skill development
- Fine & gross motor skills
- Pre-reading skills & age appropriate literature
- Cultures & social context
- Visual & performing arts
example of a daily schedule:
9:00-9:10 Arrival & welcome time
9:10-9:30 Circle Time: (warm up song, calendar, charting the weather,
letter of the week, daily schedule)
9:30-10:00 Letters, Writing, Colors
10:00-10:30 Music & Movement
10:30-11:00 Numbers, Patterns, Shapes
11:30-11:45 Circle time (wrap up, sharing, letter of the week, calendar)
11:45-12:00 Pack up. Clean up & goodbye time
12:00-1:00 Optional Lunch Bunch – stay for lunch & playtime (details below)
students will benefit from:
- Multi-week units of core curriculum developed by two certified teachers on staff.
- Traditional preschool activities such as circle time, free play and outdoor play.
- High-quality, arts-based learning activities with professional Teaching Artists on staff.
- Learning responsibility and cooperation by working with peers.
THEMES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR:
September: All about me, Fall, Leaves & Apples
October: Spiders, Pumpkins, Scarecrows & Halloween
November: Turkeys, Thanksgiving, Pilgrims & Native Americans, Corn
December: Holidays & Winter
January: New Year, Polar Animals, Snowmen, Weather
February: Groundhogs Day, Valentine’s Day, Presidents Day, 100th Day!
March: Spring, Dr. Seuss’ Birthday, St. Patrick’s Day, Bugs
April: Easter, Earth Day, Planting/Gardening, Birds
May: May Day, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Butterflies
June: Father’s Day, Summer, Marine Animals
TUITION & SCHEDULING OPTIONS
# of days | tuition:
- 1 | $180
- 2 | $280
- 3 | $370
- 4 | $450
- 5 | $520
Available Monday through Friday from 12p – 1p
Flat rate of $35/day per month
Add on our Optional Enrichment Day once a week!
Tuesday 1pm – 4pm -OR- Wednesday 1pm – 4pm
Three hours of enrichment with three different instructors!
• 1pm – 2pm Instruments & Music with Miss Elora
• 2pm – 3pm Dance & Theater with Mr. Chris
• Art & Literature with Miss Michel